Postnatal Massage Therapy
Postnatal massage therapy can promote quick recovery and better management of common discomforts associated with postpartum symptoms.
What are the benefits of Postnatal Massage?
- * Strengthens abdominal muscles, which may be weak after childbirth
- * Relieves cramping that you may experience as the site where the placenta was attached within your uterus heals
- * Relieves soreness of your pelvic floor from an episiotomy or tearing
- * Helps sooth as your intestinal tract and urinary bladder reposition themselves
- * Promotes scar healing; you may have built up scar tissue that needs to be broken down so that it can realign more naturally
- * Helps re-establish pelvic structural alignment; in preparation for childbirth, hormones were released to help ‘soften’ the pelvic bones so that they can easily shift
- * Targets back, neck and shoulder pain
Postnatal Massage Therapy is more than just physical support…
All mothers can benefit from regular post-natal massage therapy during the postpartum period – and not just because the physical discomforts and symptoms are addressed. There is an emotional aspect to taking the time to care for your body that helps with Postpartum Depression.